I have a weak spot. Well I’m sure I have MANY weak spots, but the one I’m referring to is my love for brownies. Both boxed brownies and the ones you can buy pre-made at the store that come frosted. They’re totally unoriginal, but so amazing. They’re my go to treat on a bad day. So I thought it was about time I tried to recreate them myself.
Recipe adapted from here.
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8×8 pan by lining it with foil or wax paper.
2. In a medium saucepan on the stove, heat the butter and unsweetened chocolate. Stir continuously until smooth. Remove from heat.
3. Add the sugar to the pan. Whisk in the eggs. Add the vanilla, flour, and baking soda.
4. Pour the batter into the pan and cook for 30 minutes.
5. Let the brownies cool before removing the foil/wax paper from the pan.
6. While the brownies are cooling, prepare the frosting. In a small pan on the stove, melt the semisweet chocolate over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat. In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar with a fork. Add in the melted chocolate.
7. Frost the brownies evenly once cool.