Crockpot mac and cheese is a great addition for a BBQ, or really any party when you want to prep the food early.
Recipe adapted from here.
12 ounce can skim evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pepper, to taste
1/4 cup butter, melted
3 cups shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend from Trader Joe’s)
1/2 pound elbow macaroni, cooked for 5 minutes and drained
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup breadcrumbs, optional
1. Prep the crock pot by spraying it with cooking spray.
2. Pour the evaporated milk, regular milk, eggs, salt, pepper, and butter into the crock pot. Mix it all together.
3. Add the shredded cheese and the partially cooked pasta, and mix. Top with the parmesan. Don’t mix this in – just leave it on top.
4. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes. Then reduce the temperature to low and cook for an additional 2-2.5 hours.
5. If you want to use breadcrumbs, cook them in a pan with olive oil until lightly browned. Then spread them on top of the dish. (I skipped this step, so you won’t see breadcrumbs in the pictures.)