So you should make this in conjunction with this pita bread recipe that I posted last weekend. They are both delicious individually but are even better together.
Recipe adapted from here.
Pita bread (see here)
3 chicken breasts
1 container of grape tomatoes, sliced
2 large cucumbers, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1 jar of kalamata olives, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon zest
Black pepper and salt
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 container of feta cheese
1. Place a pan on the stove over medium heat, and cover the bottom with oil. Add the chicken to the pan and sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Cover the pan with foil and cook for ten minutes. After ten minutes, flip the chicken and sprinkle salt and pepper on the other side. Cook for an additional ten minutes. Let the chicken cool.
2. While the chicken is cooling, cut the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and olives.
3. Place the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and olives in a bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon zest, oregano, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper to a bowl and mix well.
4. Place the chicken breasts in the bowl of your electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and shred the chicken. Add it to the bowl with the veggies and mix.
5. Serve the salad alone or with delicious pita bread. I also think the salad gets better as it sits, so definitely save some for lunch the next day.