I just made these mini pies for a friend who came over for dinner because it was just the two of us and there was no way we were going to eat a whole pie, but these would be great for a party. I’ve mentioned this before, but I think people at parties always do better with mini desserts that they can just grab off a plate, and not something they have to cut and serve for themselves.
Ingredients (recipe below makes 12 pies, but also possible to half like I did and get 6-7)
1 pack of pre-made pie crust (should come with two sheets)
3 cup of chopped fruit (I used nectarines)
6 tablespoons sugar
1. Spray the muffin pan with cooking spray so that the pie crust won’t stick. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Roll out your pie crust. Use a cookie cutter (or cup) to cut 12 circles out. Use your fingers to fit these into the muffin pan. Make sure you’re making these circles big enough to fill the muffin pan (and go almost all the way up the sides).
3. Prepare your filling. You can really do whatever you want. You could do apples with a bit of cinnamon and lemon juice, or strawberries and rhubarb, or nectarines and sugar like I did.
4. Fill the crusts with your filling. Make sure to fill them to the top.
5. Now use your remaining pie crust to cover the tops. You can do lattice designs, full circles (but poke holes with a fork if you do that), or other shapes.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crust has lightly browned. Let cool for at least 20-30 minutes before serving.