Lemons. Blueberries. Cupcakes. All three of these things are delicious, and when combined, they make a great cupcake that you can eat for breakfast or dessert (I personally did both).
Recipe adapted from here.
Ingredients (makes 18 cupcakes)
1 2/3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1/4 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 1/3 cups frozen blueberries (I used a couple fresh ones to top the cupcakes as well)
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two muffin pans with 18 cupcake liners.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, and set aside. Pour the melted butter in the bowl of your electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk in the two sugars. Add the egg, yogurt/sour cream, milk, vanilla, and lemon zest. Whisk until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth. Add the blueberries and mix with a spatula.
3. Pour the batter into the 18 cupcake liners. Bake the cupcakes for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
4. While the cupcakes cool, make the frosting. In the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk. Beat again. Add the vanilla and an additional tablespoon of milk if necessary to thin it out. Scrape down the sides.
5. Frost the cupcakes once they are completely cool. I topped with a few blueberries as well.
One thought on “Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes”
Love the combo of the lemon and blueberry,great job!