Brownies are great, and so are chocolate chip cookies. So why not make a cookie that combines both and allows you to have a bite of each at the same time? Plus, these are really easy to make, and this recipe makes a lot, so you can share them with your friends/coworkers/family.
Recipe adapted from here.
2 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter
4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 cup sugar
2 teaspoon vanilla
Chocolate chip cookies-
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2-4 semisweet chocolate chips
1. Start by making the brownies. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with silicone baking sheets or parchment paper.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
3. In a heat proof bowl, place the butter and chocolate and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and then heat for another 20-30 seconds until fully melted.
4. Place the sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of your electric mixer and add the butter/chocolate. Mix and then add the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside this batter until done with the chocolate chip cookies (it will thicken).
5. Now for the chocolate chip cookies, cream the sugar, brown sugar, and butter in your electric mixer until fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix again.
6. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix. Finish by adding the chocolate chips.
7. Now scoop tablespoon size balls of chocolate chip cookie batter onto pan. Leave space between them. Now place a scoop of brownie batter next to each chocolate chip cookie. Use your hands to press the two scoops next to each other.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 1 minute before transferring them to a cooling rack.