I’ve made these muffins twice, and both times, they have been delicious. Most recently, I served them at our Easter brunch (see this post). There are a couple of things that make these more interesting than your average blueberry muffins. First of all, they have a yummy crunchy lemon streusel topping. Secondly, they involve blueberries in two forms- whole and then also a blueberry jelly of sorts that is swirled through the dough.
If you’re a muffin fan, I definitely recommend making these.
Last year, we had a last minute Easter brunch for a few friends and had so much fun that we decided to do a bigger (more official) one this year. As you know by now, I love brunch. But it is also the hardest meal to host because it requires a lot of last minute things being done in the morning. And after throwing a brunch at the holidays (and being in sweats when the first people showed up), I was determined to get things done on time for this one.
Our menu involved the following items (and was written out on a sign for our guests to see):
– Scrambled eggs wrapped in bacon (see recipe here
– Blueberry muffins with lemon streusel topping (see my recipe here
– Mustard potatoes (see recipe here
– Mini yogurt parfaits with homemade maple granola and strawberries (see granola recipe here
– Buttermilk donuts (see recipe on the blog next Sunday)
– Chocolate chip banana bread (see recipe here
– Spinach salad with caramelized onions, candied nuts, blue cheese and bacon (see recipe here
) Continue reading